Monday, September 27, 2010

Fromista cont'd

The Internet went down and I lost some of my post so I'll try to pick it up again.
The Damish fellow I met in Ages and the two of them had just attended a baptism at an adjacent church. There were lots of families about and they threw candies in wrappers into the street and over at the perigrino side too.
I also met a woman named Irma from Namimbia in South Africa. She had walked from la Puy in France which is where I wanted to walk from until I learned that it was 800km from st Jean Pied de Port. Irma said that there was a mass at 6:30 the morning they left where all the pilgrims attended and picked a name out of a bin that contained names of people who were incapable of taking the journey. She said it was incredibly moving and I felt goosebumps as she told the story. I also met two youn French Canadian women tonight who walked also from La Puy, France.
I had a fabulous meal in Honturos

No comments:

Post a Comment