Sunday, September 19, 2010

Logrono & Najera

Dear Family and Friends
I am in Najera after two very long days of walking -27 & 29 km. But my pinky toes have started a rebellion. My right felt good but my left one was complaining quite a bit. I was walking with Sheila, an Irish woman and Nick, An American whom I met the second day. They both walk very fast, so I slowed my pace and mainly walked on my own. About 5 km from Najera, deep in vinyard land of Rioja district I put on my sandals to walk which helped considerably. One of the problems with my boots which are gortex is in this dry dusty climate the pores get clogged and they don't breathe. My feet get very hot and yesterday was very warm. Also, in my first albergue experience in Pamplona I lost a pair of socks, which is near a disaster with footwear being the currency of the camino. I did go to an outdoors store to buy a pair of hiking socks. Yesterday was the first day I wore them so possibly they don't breathe so well as the others. I still have one pair of my original so I suppose I will rely on them more.
When this kind of problem happens you begin to find others in similar straights. We spoke with a Swedish fellow last night while having a beer waiting for Spanish magic dinner hour of 8pm. He has been plagued by blisters and has decided to ignore them and walk today. Then last night a young German woman from Munich who did half tha Camino last year and is completing

No comments:

Post a Comment