Friday, September 17, 2010

Los Arcos cont'd

I couldn't reconnect with the previous post so I will finish up here.
Figs are just ripening here and we have enjoyed many. Farmers seem to leave some for the pilgrims and barricade off where they don't want us to go. It helps when the journey is long and food sources are meager. We have also found almonds falling. I don't think I have ever tasted them so fresh.
I met a few young men from Hungary- going all the way to Santiago. They were laden with not only camping gear but also climbing gear. Quite a load but along with it they carried great enthusiasm - and quite good English.
Tonight Katie and I are luxuriating in a shared room in a hotel. Love it!
No competition for the shower or washing clothes. We even have a fan to help dry our clothes.
Our bodies are very sore though getting somewhat used to the daily rhythm. I would like to stop for a day somewhere but I am waiting for the right spot. When I was in Chartres we were given angel cards on two occasions. One of mine was spontaneity. It's not my forte but a great place to try it out.
I have a few foot issues. My pinkies are not too happy at the moment, but I'm tending to them and they don't hurt while I'm walking. I'm just trying to stay present to them.
Tomorrow we will head to either Viana or Logrono depending on how we are feeling.
Katie just cut her poncho (a little too short) to get rid of some weight.
Time to turn in and rest our dear bodies that are carrying us all this way. Goodnight. Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment